Aric, Technician
Experience:  10+ yrs. experience installing and repairing TVs and A/V systems. Owner of A/V installation and repair business.
24739752

SAMSUNG HLN4365W If TV has not cooled down for at least 40

Customer Question

SAMSUNG HLN4365W
If TV has not cooled down for at least 40 minutes it will not restart with a picture.Turning it back on after 5 minutes will get sound only.
Screen seems a bit lit but no picture. Unable to close it.
Must pull plug. Some times it will turn itself off & back on every 10 seconds.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thank you for the question.

How long have you had the set for and when did the problem occur?

Also, are there any blinking lights on the set?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

About 9 years.

Just started acting up last week.

no blinking lights.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for the reply Robert.

When was the last time that you replaced the lamp on this set, and where was the lamp purchased from?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Never changed the lamp.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Thank you. Robert, the original lamp in the set is only designed to last trouble free for between 3-5 years tops under normal use, and a weak lamp (which this one undoubtedly is), will heat up and cause the symptoms you are having. You have to let the set cool for 40 minutes before you power it back up as well which is common with this problem as well. You really need to change the lamp at this stage as it is very tired and can damage the TV if you keep attempting to operate the TV this way.

The link below is where you can purchase the correct OEM (not a lesser priced sub), Lamp for your set to cure this problem:

https://www.purelandsupply.com/hln4365w-samsung-dlp-tv-lamp.html?gclid=CLSR_4-v0bkCFWpp7AodhHIAMA

If you need further assistance let me know and please do not forget to rate my service before you log off.

Aric, Technician
Experience: 10+ yrs. experience installing and repairing TVs and A/V systems. Owner of A/V installation and repair business.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Good morning,
I changed the bulb for an original as you suggested.
The picture is definately nicer but same original problem persists.
Set was off for about 3 hours yesturday. Fan was still running & I could not get a picture.
Sound came on & set turned itself off, tried to restart itself twice & stopped.
All 3 ligts were flashing, timer, lamp, temp.
Had to unplug. Was able to turn on normally about 15 minutes later.
Any other suggestions?
Robert

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Robert if you have the same problem with a new Lamp and the three blinking lights, then you either have a faulty Ballast or a fault in the Power Supply. Do you have a meter and are you comfortable measuring high voltage DC off the ballast, or to the ballast?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I am not that at ease but shall check with son-in-law.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Okay that sounds good. For all intents and purposes the blinking on the set points to the lamp, but beyond that other components that fire the lamp are suspect. Let me know when you know if your son in law is available to do some testing in the set.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Is there more than one fan on this model?

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Yes there's three fans- the DMD, Lamp and exhaust.