Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

i have a DW-60737 I started the software update on a usb drive

i have a DW-60737 I started the software update on a usb drive but it stayed on the blue mitsubishi screen for about 20 Min. I read the instuction on how to install the software and it said if it does not do anything within 5 Min unplug the tv and plug back in... I did that about 4 time and still nothing
Hello and thank you for the question.

This is a relatively common issue with this set, and often times it must be attempted to download the Firmware several times. Additionally, have you tried another flash drive?

Reason being is that if the problem is not cured by a Firmware update, then you must replace the Mainboard, so I'd like to be sure that the update does not work.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

how long did it typically take for the download to run

It can vary somewhat, but I've seen it download as quickly as 15 minutes, and take as long as 30 minutes on this set (which is not common).

If the firmware update does not work, then try another flash drive. These sets are very finnicky when it comes to updating the software, and we do see it commonly where the set actually needs the Mainboard (the board that contains the software) replaced in order to fix the blue screen problem.

If you are unsuccessful downloading the software after several tries, and two thumb drives, then the software on the mainboard is corrupt and the board would need to be replaced.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

what type of board would i need for a WD-60737

The part number, and the board itself is shown at the link below (currently out of stock though):

http://www.shopjimmy.com/mitsubishi-934c328001-main-board.htm

The part number is

934C328001

I would suggest keeping an eye on www.shopjimmy.com and inquire as to when they may get another board in stock, and also try scouring on: www.tvpartsguy.com and www.discount-merchant.com

If you need further assistance let me know and please do not forget to rate me before you log off.