Mike G.
Mike G., Technician
Experience:  10 Years Audio Video Repair & Setup
24542549

I own a sony kdf55wf655 tv and just bought a new lamp prt

I own a sony kdf55wf655 tv and just bought a new lamp prt # XXXXX tv comes on for 5 seconds and then turn of, says lamp might need to be reset, see owners manual. DONT HAVE IT. HOW CAN I RESET MY TV LAMP?
Category: TV
Expert:  Mike G. replied 11 months ago.
Hello, my name isXXXXX can assist you. The Tv will not shut down just because you haven't reset the lamp timer. It is shutting down for some other reason. Please tell us:
1. Exactly where did you buy the new lamp? name of store
2. Did you buy a bare bulb or the whole assembly with housing?
3. After the Tv shuts down, the red light on the front will blink in a repeating pattern like 4 blinks pause repeat or 5 blinks pause repeat. How many blinks are you getting?

Please reply with all the information to get started. Additional details may be required. My replies may take several minutes so please be patient.

ps. I am here to help you. Use the REPLY button when you don't understand what to do.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

PARTSTORE.COM, BOUGHT WHOLE ASSEMBLY W/HOUSING,AND IM GETTING 3 BLINKS AFTER THE TV GOES OFF

Expert:  Mike G. replied 11 months ago.
Jeff,
3 blinks means the Tv thinks the lamp door is not put on securely. There is a tiny switch inside the Tv that a tab on the door has to make contact with. If the door is not completely installed (make sure the slider is engaged), or if the tab on the lamp door is broken, or if the lever on the switch inside the Tv is broken, then the Tv thinks the door is open and it will not turn on then blink 3 times.

Inspect the lamp door very carefully. Inspect the door switch very carefully. Make sure when you are putting the door on that they make contact with each other. Make sure you are able to move the slider on the door to make contact with the switch.

If the door or the tab on the door is the problem then replace the lamp door:
Buy KDF55WF655 lamp Door here

If the switch inside the Tv is the problem then that is way more complicated. The entire Tv needs to be completely taken apart and the switch has to be replaced. A repair shop should be consulted. If you cannot do this type of repair then you can find a local repair shop by entering your info here:
Find you local repair shop

Hopefully there is an easy fix, and at least you are now informed of your choices. Keep in mind that the information I just gave you normally costs $99-$129 from a repair shop (and they will never give you the DIY option).

Now please take a moment to leave a positive rating. Subscription is not required and your question does not close when you rate. Please remember I am here to provide you with excellent service so if you need more help then REPLY here.

You are rating my advice and information NOT how this site works or how your device functions. Again, if you want more information then use the REPLY button (note that a negative rating does not issue a refund).

Thank you,

Mike G., Technician
Experience: 10 Years Audio Video Repair & Setup