Mike G.
Mike G., Technician
Experience:  10 Years Audio Video Repair & Setup

We own a Philips TV Model No. 40PFL3705D/F7, Serial # XXXXX

We own a Philips TV Model No. 40PFL3705D/F7, Serial # XXXXX and our remote control has quit working. We put in new batteries, but still get no response. Can we purchase a new remote? Anne Brightwell
Yes you can buy a new remote here:
Buy 40PFL3705D remote

But you can also test your remote by using a digital camera or cell phone camera. Just point the remote at the camera lens and press buttons on the remote. Watch the camera screen. You should see "light" flickering out the tip end of the remote as you are pressing buttons. If you see that light flickering then the remote is working.

If the remote is working then the sensor inside the Tv needs to be replaced. You can buy the sensor and install it yourself if you are good with tools and be very careful with the connectors. Here is one place to buy the sensor:
Buy 40PFL37050 remote sensor board here

If you cannot do this type of repair then you can find a local repair shop by entering your info here:
Find you local repair shop

Sorry if there is no easy fix, at least you are now informed of your choices. Keep in mind that the information I just gave you normally costs $99-$129 from a repair shop (and they will never give you the DIY option).

Now please take a moment to leave a positive rating. Subscription is not required and your question does not close when you rate. Please remember I am here to provide you with excellent service so if you need more help then REPLY here.

You are rating my advice and information NOT how this site works or how your device functions. Again, if you want more information then use the REPLY button (note that a negative rating does not issue a refund).

Thank you,