Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech

I own a Samsung DLP TV and I have trouble getting it to turn

I own a Samsung DLP TV and I have trouble getting it to turn on. Sometimes it works well ant then it won't come on at all. I replaced the lamp in July of this year. What do you suggest? I am tired of working with it.
Hello, my name isXXXXX be happy to assist you,
I'm sorry you are having trouble with TV.

Please allow me to ask you a few questions about your TV so that we can troubleshoot the issue.

- Do you get any blinking light on TV front when it refuse to power up?
- How old is the TV?
- Did you replace bulb or complete lamp assembly in TV?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Am unsure of the age. Maybe 7 years or so. Replaced with Samsung BP 96- 01472a lamp module. Yes have blinking light or lights.

Thanks Don for the reply.

Can you please check what light blinks, is it one or more lights that blink?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
One red and two yellow

TV has three little lights on front and all three lights blink when TV doesn't power up, is this correct?

Also, do you remember where did you purchase the replacement lamp and what was the price?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
All three lights blink.
Purchased from projectorlampsource and paid $106.59.
Thanks for the info.
a few more questions to diagnose the problem...

- Does it show normal picture with correct colors when turned On?

- Does it ever turn Off itself while watching TV shows?

- or it gives problem when turn On after long time?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes normal colors and no it doesn't shut off unexpectedly.

Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX few things involve in boot up process of this TV and if you are nearby TV and can check following..

Turn On TV, do you hear relay click sound?
Color wheel spin sound that would not be so loud?
Lamp fire up, it light can be seen at lower rear of TV through vent holes?
Exhaust Fan running sound?

Please post back what doesn't happen in above sequence and three lights start blinking?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I appreciate your help but I have Googled the problem and see that it is a capicator problem. There was a class action lawsuit involving about 71/2 million TV sets. I can't change the capacitor myself so I will have to get it repaired locally. Thank you but it is not going to get repaired online. How much are you going to charge me?
Hi Don,

In capacitors problem, TV wont power up at all or goes in On & off cycle like it turns On and goes off itself then back On.
Your TV symptoms indicate either ballast or lamp or both causing the problem and swapping ballast and lamp will confirm this diagnosis.
You may please get TV repair shop list through following link..

I have no control over billing and you can email to customer service [email protected] and tell them how much you want to pay so they will adjust it.

I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.

A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated!