Mike G.
Mike G., Technician
Experience:  10 Years Audio Video Repair & Setup
24542549

I own a sharp model LC-42SB48UT TV and just got a Samsung Crystal

I own a sharp model LC-42SB48UT TV and just got a Samsung Crystal Surround Air Track sound bar. I'm using the audio output cables. I have tried turning the speakers on the TV off and the sound bar is set to AUX.
I get no sound out of the sound bar. I have looked in both manuals and still not having any luck. I hope you can help.
Category: TV
Expert:  Mike G. replied 11 months ago.
Hello, sorry to hear you are having this problem. I can assist you. This will take some interactive work on your end. Your participation is needed and clear communication is crucial to solving your problem. To start we need to know:
1. Was this working before and quit working or is this the first time you are trying to set this up?
2. What type of connection cables are you using between the Tv and soundbar?
3. What is the full model number of the soundbar?
4. What is connected to the Tv? antenna/cable directly into Tv tuner, satellite/cable box, bluray, dvd, game, etc

Please reply with all the information to get started. Additional details may be required. My replies may take several minutes so please be patient.

ps. I am here to help you. Use the REPLY button when you don't understand what to do.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

1. No this is my first time trying to set it up.

2. I'm using the audio cable that came with the sound bar. I have attached a picture from the manual.

3. Samsung Crystal Surround Air Track HW-F355.

4. My cable is connected to Tivo Premiere HD with 2 tuners. It is connected the one of the TV's HDMI connections. An XBOX 360 is connected toAudio connection type

HDMI also. I have a new samsung BD-E5400 that's not connected yet.

Expert:  Mike G. replied 11 months ago.
David,
Unfortunately the Optical Audio Out jack on this model Tv will NOT work at all when you are feeding the Tv with an hdmi source device (see page 17 of the Tv user manual):
LC-42SB48UT User Manual

The easiest way would be to connect the optical cable between the the soundbar and the Tivo (leave the hdmi to the Tv in place).

Another option might be connecting the 3.5mm headphone jack on the side panel of the Tv to the soundbar analog audio in (adapter cable may be needed).

If you need more clarification on anything just REPLY here.

Now please take a moment to leave a positive rating. Your question does not close when you rate and remember I am here to provide you with excellent service so if you need more help then REPLY here.

You are rating my advice and information NOT how this site works or how your device functions. Again, if you want more information then use the REPLY button (note that a negative rating does not issue a refund).

Thank you,
Mike G., Technician
Experience: 10 Years Audio Video Repair & Setup