Mike G.
Mike G., Technician
Experience:  10 Years Audio Video Repair & Setup
24542549

I have a vizio 37 incd lcd tv. I turn on the tv and there was

I have a vizio 37 incd lcd tv. I turn on the tv and there was no picture just sound. I have try tunning it off and on again. And nothing.
Category: TV
Expert:  Mike G. replied 11 months ago.
Hello, sorry to hear you are having this problem. I can assist you. To start we need to know:
1. What is connected to the Tv? antenna/cable line into Tv tuner or satellite/cable box
2. If you press MENU on the original Vizio Tv remote, do you see anything on the screen?

Please reply with all the information to get started. Additional details may be required. My replies may take several minutes so please be patient.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

I have my Xbox 360 and Cable. Nothing on srcreen just black.

Expert:  Mike G. replied 11 months ago.
David,
Locate the Tv POWER cord, unplug it from the wall outlet, wait three full minutes, then plug it back in. Now test if you have picture or if you can see the Tv menu using the Tv remote.

If the power reset didn't help then the Tv has a failure and will need to be opened up, diagnosed, and parts replaced. There is absolutely no way to guess what is wrong, it must be opened up and diagnosed. If you want to attempt a DIY repair then I can help you but there are no guarantees. REPLY here when you have taken the back off the Tv and are ready to begin.

If you cannot do this type of repair then you can find a local repair shop by entering your info here:
Find you local repair shop

Sorry there is no easy fix, at least you are now informed of your choices. Keep in mind that the information I just gave you normally costs $99-$129 from a repair shop (and they will never give you the DIY option).

Now please take a moment to leave a positive rating. Your question does not close when you rate and remember I am here to provide you with excellent service so if you need more help then REPLY here.

You are rating my advice and information NOT how this site works or how your device functions. Again, if you want more information then use the REPLY button (note that a negative rating does not issue a refund).

Thank you,
Mike G., Technician
Experience: 10 Years Audio Video Repair & Setup