Tim Nolan
Tim Nolan, TV Repair Technician
Experience:  Factory trained TV repair technician. U.S. NAVY trained.

while watching tv there was a loud pop. picture went out, but

while watching tv there was a loud pop. picture went out, but sound ok. typical repair cost if that's possible
Hi! My name isXXXXX am happy to help you with this! Please bear with me and be patient as sometimes these issues take a little bit of figuring out before we know what's wrong. If you could give me some more information it will be very helpful:

-What is the light on the front doing now?
-How old is the unit?
- Do you have this problem while watching all different devices hooked to this television? (DVD player, cable, satellite, game console, etc.)

Please give me this information and I will be happy to assist you further.
Thank you,
Tim Nolan
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

sorry but its been unplugged and out of use for about a month. my wife said the light was same as always. she didnt try watching any dvds, etc. cable box is working fine

OK well most of the time when you get a pop on this one its because one of the two sustain boards went bad, its definitely repairable but the price isnt great...normally you are looking $350-450 to repair it. A lot of the time its the Y sustain, once in a while its the Z sustain. The Y runs more than the Z, normally the Z is around $350 and the y around $450 (depending on the labor rates in your area)

Please let me know if you have any other questions or need any other information at all, if you do please use the reply to expert tab. If this was all the info you needed then please remember to rate me before leaving. Please do not hesitate to ask anything, happy to help in any way I can!