Nathan, Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.

The power and Opg lights are green and flashing What should

The power and Opg lights are green and flashing
What should I do?

Nathan :

Hello, I'm Nathan and I will be assisting you today. Please remember to rate/accept my answer when we have finished. Thank you.

Nathan :

Hi there, sorry to hear you're having trouble with the Sharp,

Nathan :

can you tell me if you see any pattern to the flashing lights? For example flashes twice, pause, flash twice, pause.

Customer: Both flash twice and then OPG flashes once
Nathan :

Okay, thanks for the info,

Nathan :

that flash pattern indicates a UR6V failure, which means a faulty power supply or main board.

Nathan :

That is not something that unplugging or a reset would be able to fix.

Nathan :

This is something that would require repairs to correct; if you're thinking about a do it yourself repair, you'll need to be comfortable and skilled with electronics repairs, which would require dismantling the set (removing the back panel of the tv), diagnostics with a digital multimeter to test voltages inside, changing out boards as needed, and possibly desoldering/removing and soldering/replacing capacitors (a common failure point).

If you’re considering repair at a local shop, you’ll find a typical repair to be around $300+ for diagnostics, parts, and labor.

However, as a general rule, if the tv is 42” or smaller, or more than 3-4 years old, it’s not going to be worth fixing, your money would be better invested in a new set. Being a 2008 model, your money is probably better invested in a new set.

Nathan :

If you'd like some help with finding parts, locating a local shop, or a recommendation for a replacement model, I'll be happy to advise further.

Customer: Can you help me?what should I do now?s
Nathan :

Were you able to view my last few responses explaining the problem?

Nathan :

Most likely, you are going to need a new tv.

Customer: Thankyou
Nathan :

There is one step you can take here, both as a possible fix, as well as a diagnostic evaluation. It is a long shot at this point, but with nothing else to lose, it won't hurt to try.

1) Unplug the power cord from the tv

2) Wait at least 1 hour (60+ Minutes)

3) Press and hold the power button (on the set, not the remote) for 60 seconds,
4) Keep holding power button while plugging back in, and for another 60 seconds after. When plugging back in, go directly to the wall outlet, bypassing any power strips or surge protectors.

If this reset process does not work, it would unfortunately confirm a hardware failure, and at that point, you'd be back to the repair vs replace decisions that I mentioned earlier.

Customer: we will buy a new one Nathan
Nathan :

Okay. Would you like some help with finding a replacement model?

Customer: thankyou I will try that
Customer: nothat I my husband is out shopping for one now
Nathan :

Okay, well I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news today. Good luck to you in finding the new set.

Nathan :

If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please do remember to rate my service prior to logging off, hopefully I have earned an “excellent”. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at

Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX a good day,

Customer: thank you for your help
Nathan :

You are very welcome.