Nathan, Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.
59725966

I have a Pioneer Elite TV and am trying to hook up my Apple

I have a Pioneer Elite TV and am trying to hook up my Apple TV. I have plugged the HDMI cable from the Apple TV into the Pioneer Elite Pro-RO6U Receiver. What do I do next? Not sure what settings I need to push on the remote? And what configuration I need to do. Please advise
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Nathan :

Hello, I'm Nathan and I will be assisting you today. Please remember to rate my answer when we have finished. Thank you.

Nathan :

Hi there, sorry to hear you're having trouble with the Pioneer,

Nathan :

you should be able to simply hit the INPUT button on the pioneer remote, until you get to the HDMI1 or HDMI3 (depending which port you've used) to pick up the signal from the appletv. By default, no configuration changes should be needed.

Nathan :

Can you give this a try, and let me know if you're able to get picture/sound from the appletv that way?

Customer:

I am pressing the input button (1 of a sea of buttons on the remote) and I am getting no response on TV. Can u give me clearer direction

Nathan :

Yes, can you also make sure that the little switch at the top of the pioneer remote is in the cable/sat position (to the far left)

Nathan :

then try again. You may need to press that input button several times, to cycle through the different options, and note that you have multiple remotes, it's done on the one for the media box, not a separate tv remote.

Nathan :

You can also just try hitting the 1 (or 3) button, at the top of the remote, just below where it says INPUT

Nathan :

The single input button (that you would press repeatedly) is on the front panel (behind the fold down door) of the media receiver unit). I hope that is more clear.

Nathan :

If you are using hdmi port 1, you'd probably get better results on hdmi port 3 instead, as hdmi is the default signal type associated with input 3.

Customer:

I now have the picture going but no sound. How do I get the sound?

Nathan :

If by chance neither of these work, we may need to go into the pioneer setup menu, and to then adjust/activate the hdmi connection.

Nathan :

Okay good, making progress.

Nathan :

First, are you just on the Appletv home screen, or are you actually in an app (like netflix, itunes, etc),?

Nathan :

I ask because there is normally no audio just in the background.

Customer:

I am in the TV Shows of Apple TV and am playing a show I purchased. It is running fun except no sound

Customer:

meant running fine except no sound

Nathan :

Okay, just wanted to make sure

Nathan :

We just need to activate hdmi audio input then,

Nathan :

as the pioneer can accept different audio input sources when using hdmi

Nathan :

On the pioneer remote, press HOME MENU

Nathan :

use the up/down arrow keys and enter button to navigate the menu

Nathan :

go down to Options,

Nathan :

then HDMI INPU

Nathan :

*HDMI INPUT

Nathan :

then to AUDIO

Customer:

ok. i am with u

Nathan :

Under the audio menu, set it to DIGITAL

Customer:

kk

Customer:

now what?

Customer:

you are the master. It now works. Thank you!!

Nathan :

Great! Glad to hear it.

Nathan :

I hope you enjoy your new appletv :)

Nathan, Installer
Experience: Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.