Tim Nolan
Tim Nolan, TV Repair Technician
Experience:  Factory trained TV repair technician. U.S. NAVY trained.

I have a Samsung plasma TV model #pn50b650s1f. The other night

I have a Samsung plasma TV model #pn50b650s1f. The other night there was a lighting storm and even tho my Samsung TV and XBOX were plugged in to a surge protector neither one will turn on. When I Power on my Samsung I just here a clicking over and over again but it wont turn on. Is it repairable? Please Help! I love my TV
Hi! My name isXXXXX am happy to help you with this! Please bear with me and be patient as sometimes these issues take a little bit of figuring out before we know what's wrong. If you could give me some more information it will be very helpful:

-Is the light blinking a code on the front? (example 6 blinks pause 6 blinks pause repeat)
-How old is the unit?

Please give me this information and I will be happy to assist you further.
Thank you,
Tim Nolan
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

the light is solid red on the bottom left front side of tv. I bought it about 2 1/2 years ago. it clicks about 2 seconds apart like its tryng to power on.

THe light doesn't do anything even when it clicks?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No, it's just solid red like when the TV is is off. When you power on it just clicks

Ok, does it only make this noise when you hit the power button or does it do it when its plugged in too?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It will click until I unplug the power outlet. when i plug it back in it shows solid red and when I try to power on it stays red and just clicks

OK so repairable yes...however, it depends on the extent of the damage as to whether its worth fixing or not.

This is most likely a power supply or main board problem, one of these two is most likely the issue. If you use a tech you are normally looking around $200-350 depending on what is found and the labor rates in your area.

If you have/know how to use a meter I can help you repair this, it will cost less of course but you will need to know how to use a meter and do some basic troubleshooting.

Please let me know if you have any other questions or need any other information at all, if you do please use the reply to expert tab. If this was all the info you needed then please remember to rate me before leaving. Please do not hesitate to ask anything, happy to help in any way I can!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hmmm I see. Is it a meter that you plug into the power outlet?

No sorry, a meter is what we use to test electronics, dc voltages, ac voltages, resistance, etc.