Steve G., Technician
Experience:  VP of electronic repair company. Audio nut.
329447

Sony model kdf-e42a10 - power/standby indicator light flashes

Sony model kdf-e42a10 - power/standby indicator light flashes red 4 times. TV briefly tries to power up after being unpluged but screen goes dark with no sound. returns to series of 4 red flahing lights.
Category: TV
Expert:  Steve G. replied 1 year ago.
Hello there and welcome to Just Answer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be assisting you today. I am an engineer with over 30 years of electrical and electronic training, repair and installation experience. I will try and answer your question accurately and precisely so that we can get you on your way.

Now..this one isn't the end of the world. One of your fans has stopped. Each of them is monitored and when one stops or even starts to slow down a bit, it shuts down the TV.

If you are handy, you can remove the back from the set, observe which fan has stopped and replace it. I can help you with that. You will need basic tools.

If not, you are realistically looking at about a $200 repair bill (parts and labor). You can find a tech in your zip by >>>CLICKING HERE<<<

Let me know which way you want to go.

I'm sorry that there is no quick and easy fix for this problem.

Steve
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

lets have a look

Expert:  Steve G. replied 1 year ago.
Ok, there are 11 or 12 screws holding on the back of the TV.

>>>HERE<<< is a picture.

Remove those and the back should come off. You should then be able to see at least two of the four fans. >>>HERE<<<

Turn the TV on and see if they rotate.

Please let me know so that we can continue.

Regards
Steve
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

looking at tv from the back, the fan on the left with a cover was not spinning. I took the cover off, blew on it, plug tv back in. With a nug it started spinning. Turning the tv off and back on it spins. But not as fast as the other fan

Expert:  Steve G. replied 1 year ago.
Ok, you should replace that one then unless you think you can clean it up so that it runs.

The part number is XXXXX 1-787-333-11 or 1-787-373-11 (do not have that info right at hand but it should be written on the fan).

You should be able to pick up either >>>HERE<<<

Swap it out and you should be fine.

I'll be here if you need further help with this issue. Please let me know.

Regards
Steve
Steve G., Technician
Experience: VP of electronic repair company. Audio nut.