Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS
18621325

why are there white speckles on my tv after i change the bulb.

why are there white speckles on my tv after i change the bulb. where would the dust be.
Serial #113773 series is wd-65736.
Hello my name is Anthony
Welcome
Thanks for the Question

I may be a few minutes between each request for info thanks for your patience!

If you press the menu button of the sets own remote control are the speckles on there too please?

Anthony
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes

Hi

The problem is a failing light engine namely the DLP chip itself, its this chip that produces the picture and on-board this chip are thousands of micromirrors that "swivel" with picture content, when they "stick" they reflect light back from the lamp as a white dot or if facing away from the lamp a black dot, the solution is to replace this chip here is a video to show you how

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rx8K_Q8PNWs&feature=related

The chip is available for about $200 from www.shopjimmy.com or
www.encompassparts.com

If you cant do this yourself a tech would charge about $600 for the work you can locate a tech in your area by using this link
www.tvrepairpros.com

Before doing anything though it may be worth ringing mitsy as at one time they were covering this even out of warrenty indicate you have the "DLP chip white spot fault"
Here is the number
(NNN) NNN-NNNNbr/>
Sorry its nothing easier

Let me know if you need more info by pressing "reply to expert"

Please dont forget to rate the answer, thank you, XXXXX XXXXX will remain open even after rating

If I dont reply in 5mins I have stepped away from the computer or I may be dealing with some one else dont worry your reply WILL be back in my tray and I will get back to you

Many Thanks

Anthony