Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS

During regular viewing, the power suddenly ceased. The manual

During regular viewing, the power suddenly ceased. The manual and remote "on" buttons fail to get the TV to turn back on. We do have power. Unplugging and replugging the TV has not helped. Can you provide some reason and solution?
Hello my name is Anthony
Thanks for the Question

I may be a few minutes between each request for info thanks for your patience!

Do you have any powerlight lit on the front of the set ?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No, there is no power light in front of the set.

Hi Katherine,

In every case of no powerlight and theirs power going to the set it means theirs a probable problem with the powerboard so ideally some checks with a meter are necessary on the board to isolate what happened on there and if it possible to get the board working without replacing it (the mainboard may be bad hence the checks).
These sets are relatively cheap to buy so you do have to weigh up if its worth spending money on repairs.... if you can use a meter let me know it may be possible for a do-it-yourself fix .

Sorry this isnt anything easier

Many Thanks