Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS
18621325

Our Vizio HD TV has no picture but we know Direct TV is working

Our Vizio HD TV has no picture but we know Direct TV is working (other TV works fine). When I turn it on, screen goes blue like it does just before picture comes on then goes black and gives an old time like 7:52 pm. Nothing. If I press menu on the vizio control the menu screen will come up, it is not totally dead. What do I do?
Hello my name is Anthony
Welcome
Thanks for the Question

If its cable or satellite please initially check that the lead is home and good from the box to the TV both at the TV and the box end, if thats OK please reboot the box by un-plugging the box from wallpower, waiting for 5 mins then re-plugging the box back in again as sometimes a software issue can take out the signal, right now its looking like a signal issue if the sets own menu is coming up.

Let me know

I am sending a rating bar please only rate if problem resolved or we reach a conclusion if not please press the "reply to expert" tab without rating and I will continue help.

Many Thanks
Anthony