Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech

My mitsubishi dlp wd-73835 is giving me error code 34 "lamp

My mitsubishi dlp wd-73835 is giving me error code 34 "lamp abnormality"
The tv will come on for a few minutes then flicker, then shut itself down and give the solid red lamp status. It blew one bulb originally, and I have tried two new ones with the same result. I've looked all over but can't find a solid answer on what to do. Help?
Hello, my name isXXXXX be happy to assist you,
I'm sorry you are having this trouble in TV.
Please allow me to ask you a few questions about your TV so that we can troubleshoot the issue, we may exchange few emails during trouble shooting.

- How old is the TV and how long it have had this problem?
- Were both replacement lamps from Mitsubishi or any other supplier and what was the price?
- Are both replacement lamps came in complete assembly or bare bulb that need to install in old lamp casing?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I don't know how old the tv is and I'm not sure about the lamps or their prices. I got this tv from my father when it quit working. The replacement bulbs are both totally encased
Thanks Drew for the reply.

Can you please put your ear close to lamp area and turn On TV, do you hear ballast start sound/ strike as it will try to turn On lamp three times then red lamp light will turn On on TV front.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
It sounds like its winding up, and then it just hums. There's no noticeable noises other than that. The tv actually turns on and shows a picture, then a few seconds later the screen goes black and I get the red lamp light
Hi Drew,

It is definitely lamp problem and rest of TV seems fine.
Counterfeit/ low price lamp doesn't work properly which is available all over internet and we need to put Mitsubishi original lamp in TV to resolve the problem, original lamp is available for $99, please check following Mitsubishi Parts site link, put your TV model to get lamp price info..

Error code 34 and lamp light on TV are clear indications of lamp failure, this problem occurs due to lamp quality and its performance and protection circuit detects that error. If it was ballast board or any thing else, TV won't display picture for a second.

I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.

A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated!