Tim Nolan
Tim Nolan, TV Repair Technician
Experience:  Factory trained TV repair technician. U.S. NAVY trained.

My Sony Bravia model kdl37m4000 will not power on. I have checked

My Sony Bravia model kdl37m4000 will not power on. I have checked th power source
Category: TV
Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 10 months ago.
Hi! My name isXXXXX am happy to help you with this! Please bear with me and be patient as sometimes these issues take a little bit of figuring out before we know what's wrong. If you could give me some more information it will be very helpful:

-When you plug it in or turn it on, does it do anything at all? (light blink, click noise, etc.)
-Any storms or power issues before it went dead?
-How old is the unit?

Please give me this information and I will be happy to assist you further.
Thank you,
Tim Nolan
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Nothing happens
I have not. Been here for a few days to know if there were storms
Not sure how old
If you listen really close as you plug it in, you hear no slight click inside?

Was this on and shut off...or just would not come on once?

Thanks,
Tim
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I here nothing. Worked fine a few days ago when I got home and turned it on nothing
There are a couple of things that could cause this, unfortunately there is no reset for this television other than unplugging it. It will have an internal failure at this point.

First you could have a failure in the power supply, we have seen some capacitors fail in your model and cause funky problems like this. If this is the case you could be looking at somewhere around $100-$150 to fix the set. IF the power supply had to be replaced you could be looking at $150-250

Next could be the main board, this would not be good news because you could be looking at $200-$300 for the repair (I know this is up there in the price range and most likely getting over the cost of a new set)

Either of these could cause this tv to be completely dead, but it will require troubleshooting to determine the exact cause of your problem. If you have experience, and test equipment and would like to attempt some troubleshooting I will be happy to assist you, however if you do not have equipment or experience then you would need a repairman at this time to get an exact diagnosis. I am sorry that I don't have a quick fix or easy answer for you on this one, it is definitely an internal failure.

Please let me know if you have any other questions or need any other information at all, if you do please use the reply to expert tab. If this was all the info you needed then please remember to rate me before leaving. Please do not hesitate to ask anything, happy to help in any way I can!

Thanks,
Tim
Tim Nolan, TV Repair Technician
Experience: Factory trained TV repair technician. U.S. NAVY trained.