Tim Nolan
Tim Nolan, TV Repair Technician
Experience:  Factory trained TV repair technician. U.S. NAVY trained.

Hello, we have an old model 32A50, 32", worked perfect last

Hello, we have an old model 32A50, 32", worked perfect last night, have never had any issues with this TV ever, we retired it to a guest room, again worked perfectly last night, my daughter went to turn it on this morning, can hear it turn on, (but no sound or picture), and the red sensor light is flashing on the front of the TV??
Hi! My name isXXXXX am happy to help you with this! Please bear with me and be patient as sometimes these issues take a little bit of figuring out before we know what's wrong. If you could give me some more information it will be very helpful:

-Is the light blinking a code? (example 6 blinks pause 6 blinks pause repeat)
-When you plug it in or turn it on, do you ever see anything on the screen? (even for a split second)
-How old is the unit?

Please give me this information and I will be happy to assist you further.
Thank you,
Tim Nolan
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Approximately 9 - 11 yrs old, no picture at all, not even for a second, and checking to see if a code right now.

OK thanks, XXXXX XXXXX know.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

continuously blinks, doesn't appear to be a code.

OK the constant blinking light means its in shutdown due to an internal failure in the tv...there are a few things that can cause this.

The most common is the horizontal circuit, when it shorts out it will shut the set down just like yours is doing. This repair normally runs $100-$200 depending on what is found.

However this could also be caused by the vertical circuit, power supply, or micro circuit. The average repair price for any of these is $125-$300 depending on exactly what is found.

However to determine exactly what the problem is will require troubleshooting. Some knowledge of electronics and a multimeter will be needed for this. If you have this knowledge/tools I will be more than happy to walk you through the troubleshooting of this set and determine what is wrong. Also most repairs will require good soldering skills so you will need these as well for us to repair the tv after diagnosis. If you don't have any of this then a repairman would be your next step.

I am sorry to bring you the bad news on this one Terrie, you definitely have an internal failure in the set that is putting it into shut down, I wish I had an easier fix for you.

Please let me know if you have any other questions or need any other information at all, if you do please use the reply to expert tab. If this was all the info you needed then please remember to rate me before leaving. Please do not hesitate to ask anything, happy to help in any way I can!