Tim Nolan
Tim Nolan, TV Repair Technician
Experience:  Factory trained TV repair technician. U.S. NAVY trained.
12486280

We installed a Panasonic Wall Plasma TV, 42 inches, in July

We installed a Panasonic Wall Plasma TV, 42 inches, in July 2005, Model#TH-42PX500U.
So far it has worked very well. But yesterday evening while I was watching, there was a clicking noise (sounded electrical to me) and the TV "died". The power indicator blinks a red light 11 times, then there is a short pause of 2-3 seconds and the blinking starts again.
I it still going on. I cannot reach the power cord because the TV is framed with wood.
Help!
Hi! My name isXXXXX am happy to help you with this! Please bear with me and be patient as sometimes these issues take a little bit of figuring out before we know what's wrong. If you could give me some more information it will be very helpful:

-Are you unable to unplug the tv, is that what you are saying?
-Did this click sound like the normal click you hear when turning the tv on/off?

Please give me this information and I will be happy to assist you further.
Thank you,
Tim Nolan
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes, I cannot unplug the TV unless the frame is removed.

No, the click was not the normal click when I turn off the TV, it sounded more like when the electricity goes out which was my first thought when it occured.

Ok, sorry for the delay I had to pull the service manual to double check.

The 11 blink on your model is a fan error, this means (99% of the time) that you have a fan failing inside the tv. The tv has sensors on each fan, if one is not spinning to speed or at all, it will shut down and give an 11 blink error code.

The bad new here is that you are going to need it repaired, normally this repair runs $225-325 to have a tech come out to your home, determine which fan is bad and replace it.

I am sorry for the bad news Doris, I wish I had a simpler fix for you.

Please let me know if you have any other questions or need any other information at all, if you do please use the reply to expert tab. If this was all the info you needed then please remember to rate me before leaving. Please do not hesitate to ask anything, happy to help in any way I can!

Thanks,
Tim

Doris,

I wanted to follow up and see if you needed anything further on this?

Please let me know if I can help you out in any way.

Thanks,
Tim