Jack, Technician
Experience:  40 years experience as audio,video repair and installation tech

Hi Jackhave a Teac PLH4220SD plasma connected via a strong

Hi Jack
have a Teac PLH4220SD plasma connected via a strong set top box, Samsung DVD player and a Kenwood 5.1 amp and my better half was playing around with the remotes, and now I have a picture of a subwoofer/speaker, Left top corner of TV, with a red cross through it.
Removed DVD player and Amp, same problem. Reset set top box, same problem. this has happened once before but I have forgotten how to get rid of the Speaker with the red cross from the screen. Help...
Hello , thanks for requesting me.
Perhaps I can help you with this problem but first i would have a few questions;

Right now it sounds like you lost the sound out of the tv , did you loose the sound out of the surround system as well ?

Do you have the tv`s original remote ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I never lost sound

now I am going from set top box directly into the TV via AV1

and I have the original TV remote with all buttons working.

Right now it looks like the tv is simply muted hence that symbol , this would not affect the sound out of the sound system but would bring that speaker icon.

You can disengage the mute with the mute button on the TV's remote or simply by pressing the volume up button directly on the tv.

You could also try to press the DISPLAY button once or twice on the TV's remote

Let me know how it goes.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Jack

Pressing display button makes no difference, but pressing volume up key on the TV and Presto no Speaker symbol

Thanks Heaps..

No problem, much welcome and you can reach me here at any time after this chat is closed if you have questions
Thank you very much for the rating and bonus!