Anthony F.
Anthony F., Owner of TV Service Center
Experience:  20+ yrs. of experience in TV repair, TV production and engineering as owner of TV service center.
34633555

Hello, I have a Sony Model KDL-46W4100 TV. Recently the

I have a Sony Model KDL-46W4100 TV. Recently the TV gets lines across the screen whenever the volume is increased or decreased. In addition the volume number indicator that use to appear at the bottom left of the screen no longer appears. After a short period of time the lines disappear from the screen and picture is perfect again, but if I adjust the volume the lines across the TV come back on for a short period of time.

I have changed out the cable TV Box and the cable TV control. Those changes did not help. I tried adjusting the volume with the TV controls, but even the TV controls put lines on the screen.

Is there a part that needs to be changed in my TV?

Thank you,

Chuck
XXX@XXXXXX.XXX
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony F. replied 1 year ago.

Anthony F. :

Hello. Please BE aware This is tech information service. you are paying for the benefit of my real world experience and can save you time and money

Anthony F. :

Replace the Main board the only possibiity http://www.shopjimmy.com/sony-a-1547-090-a-bu-board.htm

Customer:

Hi Anthony,

Customer:

Is it possible for me to install the A 1547-090- ABU Board in my TV without taking it to a repair shop?

Customer:

Thanks you,

Customer:

Chuck

Anthony F., Owner of TV Service Center
Experience: 20+ yrs. of experience in TV repair, TV production and engineering as owner of TV service center.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Anthony,

You advised me to get an A 1547-090- ABU Board for my Sony TV. Can I install this board myself or will I have to have repairman install the board?

Thank you,

Chuck

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Is it possible for me to install the A 1547-090- ABU Board in my TV without taking it to a repair shop

Expert:  Anthony F. replied 1 year ago.
that depends on your skill level
you dont need to solder
you do need to know how to use a screwdriver and remove plastic connectors WITHOUT breaking them
before you go ahead and buy the board I woud feel better if you coud show me a pix of the issue just to make sure its not a defective screen as this model is known for ....
but your description of the issue does not quite fit the issue
so thats why i went for the main board
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Anthony,

I just install the A 1547-090- ABU Board as you suggested. Everything seemed to go together correctly, but when I plugged in the TV the Green Power light initially came for a few seconds then the TV jumps to Standby mod. What is going on? Did I not get one of the plugs on the board in solid or correctly?

Thank you,

Chuck

Expert:  Anthony F. replied 1 year ago.
possibly good place to start looking
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Anthony,

I double checked the connections on my A1547-090-ABU board as you suggested last night. Every connection looked good. The Standby Light on the display still comes on. What is the display saying when the Standby Light is on? The system acts like it is not accepting the new board. Is there something that needs to be done for the system to recognize the new board? What is my next step? Before I installed the new board I had both a picture and a sound. Now neither come on, only the Standby Light.

One thing I forgot. I unplugged everything from the TV. When I turn on the power the Standby Display Light still comes on and it can not be shut down. When I press the manual Power Off button nothing happens. The Standby Light just keeps blinking.

Thank you,

Chuck

Expert:  Anthony F. replied 1 year ago.
it sounds like you have a bad new board
put your old one back in
if it works
you have a bad new board
or the wrong new board
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Anthony,

I'll tell you the story that sounds unbelievable. I put the old board back in place. The TV took off working just like new. The sound control is back on screen and there are no more lines in the TV.

Now I need to see if I can get my money back on the bad board.

Very pleased with your help.

Thank you,

Chuck