Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

SO I thought I had fixed this by selecting video 1, but as

SO I thought I had fixed this by selecting video 1, but as it turns out the picture problem I was having is still happening if I try to select HDMI 3 (what I would usually watch high def on). Any thoughts on how to fix tihs? The TV model is Sony LCD Digitoal color TV model kdl-37xbr6
Hello, My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be glad to assist you. Please keep in mind that there may be a few minutes between replies, as I research your problem.

What exactly is the problem that you're having?

How long have you had the set for and when did the problem occur?

Additionally, what is connected to the TV for devices (DVD, cable box, etc.), and do you have the same issue regardless of which Device you're watching?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Aric,
Sorry I didn't realize it wouldn't include my original question! The issue is that when I turn on the TV to the high def input (HDMI 3 or 1) I see the picture for a split second, and then it goes dark. However, I can watch non high def TV if I select the video input.

The problem first started a week ago (but I thought I fixed it but then realized I didn't). There is a DVD player connected but I don't use it.

Thank you for the reply.

So, if I understand correctly the problem only occurs when you use the HDMI Inputs correct?

If so, have you swapped out the HDMI cable for a new one yet?

Have you had the cable box swapped out for another one yet?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes, the problem only happens with the HDMI inputs. When you say swapped it out for a new one - how would I do that? Do I just buy them at a store (also what do they look like)

Thank you for the reply.

When you had the issue that you're having right now, the first thing you need to do is to replace the HDMI cable. You simply unplug the cable to remove it, and they can be purchased at Wal Mart, Radio Shack, Best Buy or online. This is the cable that connects between the Cable Box and the TV.

This fixes this problem 90% of the time you see this. In the case that it does not, then you would have the Cable Box swapped out. To do this, you would contact the Cable Service Provider and have them swap the box out.

However, the absolute most common cause of this problem is the HDMI cable failing.

If you need further assistance let me know.