Mike G.
Mike G., Technician
Experience:  10 Years Audio Video Repair & Setup
24542549

Have a Toshiba TV and DirecTv - geting unsupported video signal.

Have a Toshiba TV and DirecTv - geting unsupported video signal. Called Directv and they informed me that the problem is with the tv. Not letting the Directv signal to tv. Help
Hello, sorry to hear you are having this problem. I can assist you. This will take some interactive work on your end. Your participation is needed and clear communication is crucial to solving your problem. To start we need to know:
1. Is your Direct Tv box high definition? Do you subscribe to HD channels?
2. Is the front panel of the Direct Tv box lit up like it is turned on?
3. If you look at the panel on the Tv, what INPUT is the Direct Tv box connected into? HDMI 1, HDMI 2, or something else?
4. If you press INFO on the original Toshiba Tv remote, what information pops up on the Tv screen?

Please reply with all the information to get started. Additional details may be required. My replies may take several minutes so please be patient.

ps. I am here to help you. Use the REPLY button when you don't understand what to do.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

1. Yes

2. yes

3. HDM1 (hidden) What I see when t.v. comes on is satellite/dss

4. Can't find original remote use the Directv remote

Linda,
Let's try this procedure-

Turn on the Tv and Direct Tv box. Now find the POWER cord that goes to the back of the Direct Tv box. Unplug it from the wall outlet, count to five, then plug it back in. Watch the Tv screen as the Direct Tv box is coming back on. It may take several minutes but eventually you should have picture and sound. If you don't see anything then REPLY here so we can try something else and it would help tremendously if you can find the Toshiba remote.

Now please take a moment to leave a positive rating and remember I am here to provide you with excellent service so if you need more help then REPLY here. Again, if you want more information then use the REPLY button (note that a negative rating does not issue a refund).

Thank you,
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Did not work - I have reset the receiver before and that is what happens when it is unplugged as well. Unplugged it and it goes thru the set up process and still I get the unsupported video signal. Not the dish as all other tv's are good. So calling it a night here unless you have a new brilliant idea that I can try fast. May need a geek squad. Let me know

Linda,
Press the FORMAT button repeatedly on the Direct Tv remote or on the front panel of the Direct Tv box until you see the picture appear then stop pressing it.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Did not work. Calling it a night. Thanks for your help but for some reason, the DirecTv signal does not seem to be going to TV. Will probably need to call in tech people. but thanks

Linda,
Yep, sounds like they will have to replace that Direct Tv box.

Please rate my service.
Thanks