Mike G.
Mike G., Technician
Experience:  10 Years Audio Video Repair & Setup

The sound went out on my vizio tv that is only 6 months old.

The sound went out on my vizio tv that is only 6 months old. is there something I can do to fix it?
Category: TV
Expert:  Mike G. replied 7 months ago.

Hello, my name isXXXXX can assist you. Not sure exactly what you unplugged but please try these procedures-

1. Turn on the Tv so that you can see the direct tv picture. Locate the POWER cord that goes to the direct tv box. Unplug it from the wall outlet, wait a minute, plug it back in. Watch the Tv as the direct tv box comes back on. If you still don't have sound try the next step-

2. Turn on the Tv so that you can see the direct tv picture. Locate the POWER cord that goes to the Tv. Unplug it from the wall outlet, wait a minute, plug it back in. Watch the Tv as it comes back on. If you still don't have sound try the next step-

3. Use the Vizio Tv remote to factory reset the Tv. Press MENU, goto Use the Arrow buttons on the remote to highlight the Help icon and press OK. The Help menu is displayed. Highlight Reset TV Settings and press OK. The TV displays, “Are you sure you would like to Restore Defaults? This will erase any custom settings.” Highlight Yes and press OK. Press the EXIT button on the remote. If you still don't have sound try the next step-

4. Hook up another device to the Tv like dvd, bluray, game. Change the Tv to that input and see if you have picture and sound. Also borrow another Tv and connect it to this direct tv box and see if you have sound. If you find that the Tv has no sound and that this direct tv box works on another tv then your Vizio needs repair. Since you are still under warranty it will be repaired at no cost. Just call Vizio(NNN) NNN-NNNNto make arrangements. Do not attempt to open the Tv to fix it or you will void the warranty.

Hopefully this has helped you. Now please take a moment to leave a positive rating and remember I am here to provide you with excellent service so if you need more help then REPLY here. Again, if you want more information then use the REPLY button (note that a negative rating does not issue a refund).

Thank you,

Customer: replied 7 months ago.

Thanks Mike!!!!! Step one worked!!! I really apprieciate your help, I am very satisfied!!!!!!

Expert:  Mike G. replied 7 months ago.
Excellent Donna. Have a great day!

Thanks
Mike G., Technician
Experience: 10 Years Audio Video Repair & Setup