Daniel, Electrical Engineer
Experience:  BSEE (Electrical Engineer), 10+ years electronic design experience ,chip, board, component expert

I own an LCD TV (model: TFDVD2284), and would like to add

I own an LCD TV (model: TFDVD2284), and would like to add a soundbar. Which one would you suggest that would be compatible with my television?
Hi there happy to help.

Can you tell me how big the room is and what price range you would like to stay under?

Let me know
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

the room is relatively small - approx. 15 x 15 and would like to keep the price under $130.00.

I reviewed many brands and thought that if I bought a Coby it would be more compatible. Would like your opinion on that also (CSMP88 model???)

Any model soundbar with an optical audio input will be compatible with your setup.

Your TV does not have an audio OUT port of any kind so the audio input will need to come from your cable box or DVD player, or whatever you have playing on the TV. For your prce range I suggest the following........

The Coby you listed will also work, although I prefer LG over Coby.

Please don't forget to rate me and have a great day.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

the dvd part of the TV. How would you suggest that I accomplish that task. In addition, I do not have a cable box.

Does the TV have a headphone jack that you can see?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

OK, then my soundbar advise above stays the same. The soundbar will need to plug into the headphone jack on your TV and the only additional thing you will need is this cable.......

Please don't forget to rate me and have a great day. Tips appreciated!