Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech

LN46A530, LCD Samsung TV, half a screen stays black for 30

LN46A530, LCD Samsung TV, half a screen stays black for 30 minutes than turns normal.Whats wrong, what part needs to be replaced?
Hello, my name isXXXXX be happy to assist you,
Please allow me to ask you a few questions about your TV so that we can troubleshoot the issue.

- How old is the TV and how long it have had this problem?
- Does TV show normal picture in half screen for 30 minutes?
- Does that black area show lines or any thing for 30 minutes till it correct itself?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Year of this TV is 2008, half a screen looks normal, and black area has background sometime inverted, sometimes jumps, some lines are present after turns normal, and some black area 1" stays blackened at all times(recent worsening)

Thanks Jerry for the reply.

Unfortunately this problem is related to display panel, either display panel (screen) internal circuitry is failing or T-Con board that provides video data to display panel is going bad and causing this problem. t-Con board replacement has slight chance to resolve the problem and it should be done by handy person to avoid any damage to TV.
Since TV is 2008 model so it may be hard to get replacement t-con board and this repair may cost approx $150 or so.

I'm sorry, there is no easy or quick fix on this problem and if T-Con board replacement doesn't help then display panel (screen) replacement isn't feasible because it may cost more than new TV price of same size.

I trust my input will help you out to make decision about this Tv repair. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated!