Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

I got multiple vertical colored lines in middle of TV

Hello, my name isXXXXX be happy to assist you,
I'm sorry you are having trouble in this TV.
Please allow me to ask you a few questions about your TV so that we can troubleshoot the issue.

- How old is the TV and how long it have had this problem?
- Do these lines appear on all inputs of TV like watching cable or DVD etc?

Please provide me these info, I'll be happy to assist you further.
Thanks.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

the TV is 8 months oldand yes it does appear on all inputs of TVtrying different picture settings to mess with the color but I don't know what else to do

Hi Robert

Thanks for the reply.

Unfortunately multiple vertical colored lines in middle of TV is problem with display panel (screen) and this problem occurs due to either bad T-Con board or internal circuitry of display panel and replacement of entire display panel is needed to resolve the problem. This isn't so common problem but happens with these flat panel TVs.

Display panel (screen) is big and costly part of TV, almost 90% of TV price, since TV is only 8 months old so I hope it would still under Sony warranty so our only option is to contact store where it was purchased or call to number written on warranty card that came with TV to get display panel replacement under warranty that wont cost you any money.

I'm sorry, there is no easy or quick fix for this problem and it is definitely hardware issue with display panel that will be replaced.

I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.

A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated!

Regards,

Shahid.