Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 3+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

Do you have a solution?

Do you have a solution?
Category: TV
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.

Hi and welcome,

Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...

Initially, bear with us; re-confirm and post back with the complete model number of the Magnavox. Additionally, p
lease described the symptom and/or observed fault with the TV.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

NODTV2798

I get a new message:: no signal or not supported video resolution

Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.
Please re-confirm the TV Magnavox NODTV2798; or could it perhaps be a Sansui DTV2798.

Is the TV directly connected to an antenna or cable feed? Or is there a cable box or a satellite receiver used with the TV? If yes, its model number too and please describe how it is connected to the TV using what kind of cable(s).
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have a dish.

satellite receiver. Same cables that I have had for years. That is all I know about that.

Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.
On:
  • no signal - would indicate that the TV is not receiving a usable video signal from the satellite receiver. Have you tried checking/replacing the cables used to connect the satellite receiver to the TV?
  • not supported video resolution - on the otherhand would point to the output resolution of the satellite receiver to be beyond the capacity of the TV. Depending on the receiver's model, there may be a button for such purpose (change output video resolution) that may be labeled as DISPLAY, RESOLUTION, VIDEO or a term to such effect. Have you tried locating and then pressing on such a button on the satellite receiver's remote?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Have not replaced any cables.

Could a tree be blocking my signal?

Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.
That would be very possible and the message would be "No Signal". If such is the case, then the only solution is to relocate the dish to get an unobstructed view of the sky/satellite.

Would this be a workable approach?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Not able. to. I have ordered cable service, Long wait!

Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.
I understand.

Unfortunately, the dish relocation or shift to cable would be the only viable options.

Of course, you could also consider an antenna + a set-top-box; i.e. if the DTV transmitters are within "line-of-sight" from your location.

Would the above serve your need?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I will check that out.

Thx, Louie, U R d'bomb.

Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.
Great!

Satellite, cable or antenna (+STB) with the latter no subscription/monthly fee.

Hopefully, the above service information may serve your purpose and would appreciate a rating if so warranted. Otherwise, please post back should further assistance be needed or a new question for your other concerns.

Good luck and thank you for the opportunity to be able to share the information.

Louie, Technician
Experience: 25+ yrs. experience in the field and 3+ yrs. online, down to component level.