Anthony F.
Anthony F., Owner of TV Service Center
Experience:  20+ yrs. of experience in TV repair, TV production and engineering as owner of TV service center.
34633555

I have a Philips 60PL9200D/37 TV that is flashing 6 slow and

I have a Philips 60PL9200D/37 TV that is flashing 6 slow and 5 fast blue lights on the power button. I have replaced the lamp but it continues to do the same thing. When the set is first plugged in; the lamp will light for about 8 sec and go out. The fans continue to run but after about a minute or so they stop and the flashing lights sequence begins.
At this point would the color wheel be the problem? or ???
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony F. replied 1 year ago.

Anthony F. :

Hello. Please BE aware This is tech information service. you are paying for the benefit of my real world experience and can save you time and money

Anthony F. :

did you jump the door interlock on the back of the tv?

Customer:

This TV does not have a door. I have to remove the back cover to get to the lamp. Where would I find the interlock?

Customer:

Hello

Anthony F. :

on the back cover towards the bottom

Anthony F. :

there should be an interlock if you have the back off it wont work

Customer:

looking at the inside of the back cover I only see screw holes and air vents.

Anthony F. :

look for a tab that pushes into a slot

Customer:

There are no tabs or anything on the cover and I do not see anything like that in the area where the cover fits. Is this interlock optical?

Anthony F. :

let me see if i can pull a manual there was one model that didnt have one maybe this is it

Customer:

OK Thanks

Anthony F. :

The manual says there is a lamp door

Customer:

The lamp fixture has two screws holding it in place. When the cover is removed the fixture is accessible and after the screws are removed the fixture can be pulled out.

Anthony F. :

there is a rectangular slot under the lamp in the base of the engine

Customer:

let me check that out...

Anthony F. :

k

Customer:

there is a rectangular slot at the base of the engine that you can see the top of the ballast board?

Anthony F. :

in the sot is a metal tab that gets pushed when you put the back on

Anthony F. :

that is what the manual shows

Anthony F. :

however the 65 code says you have a comminications probem double check all your cables to the main board

Anthony F. :

replace the main board if there is no issue

Customer:

The rectangular slot I mentioned can be seen after removing the lamp assembly. I have looked all around the area of the light engine and I do not see any kind of tab or switch. There is another slot on the bottom of the cabinet beneath the light engine but there is nothing in it.

Anthony F. :

thats where it is suppose to be

Anthony F. :

if its not there then maybe they did not use it with this model

Anthony F. :

like i said the 65 code says you have a commuications error this is either a bad or missing connection or a bad MAIN board or engine

Anthony F. :

look at your connectors and verify they are in right and tight

Anthony F. :

take a look at your color wheel does it spin up?

Anthony F., Owner of TV Service Center
Experience: 20+ yrs. of experience in TV repair, TV production and engineering as owner of TV service center.