Nathan, Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.

sorry, the correct model number should be KDL-32S5100 sound

sorry, the correct model number should be KDL-32S5100

sound keeps cutting out every few seconds making it impossible to follow dialogue
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 10 months ago.

p0llinate :

Hello, and welcome. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I’ll be assisting you today.

First a brief overview of the process: This is a live chat format, so I’ll need to communicate back and forth with you. You’ve already paid a deposit or membership to post your question here. I am an independent tech, and am volunteering my time unpaid until our chat is concluded. At that time I’ll request you click the EXCELLENT smiley face to close out our chat. It is my intention to solve your problem with a quick, honest, and helpful answer and my goal is for a rating of Excellent Service. You may receive an email survey after our chat, if you don’t feel I’ve earned a “10” rating in all areas, please let me know what I can do to meet your expectations.

Should you feel the need to provide a negative rating of Bad or Poor Service, please wait and let me know what I can do to clarify or more thoroughly answer your question instead. You are rating me personally, not this site or your product and negative rating will not initiate a refund. Please know that not all issues can be fixed online; in those cases of a hardware failure, I’ll troubleshoot and diagnose the problem, and provide a practical recommendation for how to proceed.

My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Let’s get started!

_________________________

p0llinate :

Hi there, sorry to hear you're having trouble,

p0llinate :

can you tell me what sources you're using (cable/satellite box, dvd player, video game, etc)? Does this happen on all sources?

JACUSTOMER-1vsev7k0- :

cable

p0llinate :

Do you have a cable box?

JACUSTOMER-1vsev7k0- :

yes

p0llinate :

Okay, do you have anything else connected, like a dvd player?

JACUSTOMER-1vsev7k0- :

pvr

p0llinate :

Do you have the problem with the pvr?

JACUSTOMER-1vsev7k0- :

no

p0llinate :

Okay, that is somewhat good news then.

p0llinate :

This would indicate that the problem is not the tv, but rather the cable box.

p0llinate :

This could be a simple memory glitch, or it could be a hardware failure.

p0llinate :

Please try rebooting the cable box, by unplugging power to it for 60+ seconds.

p0llinate :

Let me know if that helps.

Expert:  Nathan replied 10 months ago.
Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.
Expert:  Nathan replied 10 months ago.
Hi there, I saw you tired to post a follow up question. Please only respond to me here, posting new questions will result in additional charges to you. I closed out that other one as a duplicate for you.

Can you reply back to me here (with the orange Reply button) with the results of rebooting the cable box?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

I did not get an answer at all - still have same problem

Expert:  Nathan replied 10 months ago.
I cannot provide an answer, until I know the results of the reboot test.

It will go one of 2 ways though:
Either the reset fixed the issue, OR

If the issue persists after the reset, and it only happens with the cable box, then it would indicate that the cable box is faulty, and would need to be replaced (contact your cable company directly for this)

Now if I misunderstood you earlier, and you have the sound problem with other devices too (not just the cable box, but also dvd, game, etc), then that would indicate this is a hardware failure within the tv, which would need to be repaired.

Let me know if I can explain anything further.
Nathan, Installer
Experience: Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

We pulled out the cord on the DVD for 60 seconds -no change, still freezes every few seconds