Tim Nolan
Tim Nolan, TV Repair Technician
Experience:  Factory trained TV repair technician. U.S. NAVY trained.

i have a Maxent 58 MX-58HPT51 and whenever there is too much

i have a Maxent 58'' MX-58HPT51 and whenever there is too much white on the screen it jumps
Hi! My name isXXXXX am happy to help you with this! Please bear with me and be patient as sometimes these issues take a little bit of figuring out before we know what's wrong. If you could give me some more information it will be very helpful:

-If you push the MENU button on the tv itself, when it does this, does the menu jump too?
-How old is the unit?
- Do you have this problem while watching all different devices hooked to this television? (DVD player, cable, satellite, game console, etc.)

Please give me this information and I will be happy to assist you further.
Thank you,
Tim Nolan
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It only jumps when there is too much white (light colors) on the screen. It i easiest to reproduce when i use my wii which has a mostly white background but it happen no matter which input i use. the unit is about 5 yrs old but i have had it off for about 1 year now. it does not jump on the menu but i believe only because that screen is dark. It does seem to get worse (more sensitive) as the tv warms up.

Can you describe "jumps"...are you seeing the entire screen jump or just part of it? How high does it jump, etc.?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Jumps/flickers not big just like the screen it twitching...

i did find someone else while googling with the same issue here was their answer.

• 12 interesting, i have the same TV and it does the same thing. did you guys find a solution.

May 17, 2011

• azgreg This is what I found. I put a large floor standing fan blowing air in the right rear side helps significantly. I'm going to buy a couple new muffin fans and see if that works. I think the fans just got weak and aren't cooling it off like it should. Let me know if this works for you. The floor standing fan that is.

Aug 25, 2011

OK so just a minor jitter?

I have seen this problem before, normally its due to a failing main board. The info you found on google could make sense, not that the fans are weak and not cooling correctly but rather because a video component is failing and when that happens, if you keep it cooler than designed it may prolong the life and minimize the symptom.

The main problem is the main board, part number YPWB11592SMPP, is discontinued and you cannot find it anywhere. Some have sold used for around $150 but I cannot even find any used available right now.

I would say try the fan trick if you want to do that, at this point its about the only thing you can do other than watch it in 4:3 with the bars on the sides all the time.

I am sorry for the bad news Chris, YPWB11592SMPP is the part number you need if you decide to repair the tv and can actually find one.

I am so sorry for the bad news Chris.

Please let me know if you have any other questions or need any other information at all, if you do please use the reply to expert tab. If this was all the info you needed then please remember to rate me before leaving. Please do not hesitate to ask anything, happy to help in any way I can!