euro-pro llc
euro-pro llc, Technician
Experience:  20 years in TV repair,certified by all major brands- Sony,Samsung, LG,Toshiba, Panasonic, RCA,

I have a Panasonic TC-P42S30 plasma TV. A power outage took

I have a Panasonic TC-P42S30 plasma TV. A power outage took out my main board. After replacing it the TV works but it now has a 1" group of thin horizontal lines 1/3 up from the bottom. Do I need a buffer board?
Category: TV
Expert:  euro-pro llc replied 10 months ago.

euro-pro llc :

euro-pro llc :

I will try to help you with this question.

euro-pro llc :

I am afraid I have bad news... I do not believe the address board will fix this issue!

euro-pro llc :

I think you have a blown TCP( tape carried package)- the driving IC that is embedded into the ribbon cable= plasma panel is the one that needs to be replaced !

euro-pro llc :

You can try to replace the corresponding C board( where you have the issue) but from our experience it will be the panel

euro-pro llc :

You can try to remove the C board connector on the area where you have the vertical lines, and

euro-pro llc :

take a look closely( use a magnifier) to the TCP, you may see pin hole

euro-pro llc :

onto this TCP- this is a sign the TCP is blown and the panel will need to be replaced

euro-pro llc :

OOOps sory!

euro-pro llc :

You said horizontal lines?

Customer:

yes

euro-pro llc :

Sorry i mistake for vertical lines!

euro-pro llc :

Did you removed the buffers in the trouble shooting process?

euro-pro llc :

I think you only have a miss seated connector!

Customer:

no i did not

euro-pro llc :

Try first and check the connector on the buffer board where the brown ribbon cable goes into

euro-pro llc :

look closely for the alignment of the cable to the connector

Customer:

The

Customer:

SN board?

euro-pro llc :

If this is OK, then yes, you need to try the corresponding buffer buoard

euro-pro llc :

yes, this model has a buffer +SC board combined

euro-pro llc :

but check first the connector!

Customer:

on which board?

euro-pro llc :

This is a very common problem, if someone tried to repair

euro-pro llc :

On he SN on the left side where you have the brown ribbon cables comming from the panel

euro-pro llc :

an the area where you have the black lines

Customer:

remove and replace the ribbon cables on the SN board

euro-pro llc :

They are kind of tight,and hard to remove or reset, make sure this brown ribbon cable sits correctly on this connector

Customer:

I will do it. I'll get back to you

euro-pro llc :

Any miss alignment on these connectors will cause the horizontal lines you have

euro-pro llc :

Also since you replace the A board, check the white ribbon cable going from the A board into SN!

Customer:

I checked those already

euro-pro llc :

a miss alignment here can also cause a driving issue for the SN board

euro-pro llc :

cool

euro-pro llc :

If all connectors on SN board are fine, then you will need the SN board

Customer:

I'll check the SN board and get back to you

euro-pro llc :

There is a slight chance the panel is defective, but when this is the case , you have only one line most of the time!- a cluster of line indicates either a connector issue or a defective scan IC on the buffer board( SN in your case)

Customer:

I took out the SN board completely and re-installed it. All is good now. No more lines. You are awesome!

euro-pro llc, Technician
Experience: 20 years in TV repair,certified by all major brands- Sony,Samsung, LG,Toshiba, Panasonic, RCA,