Mike G.
Mike G., Technician
Experience:  10 Years Audio Video Repair & Setup

I have a 60 inch Mitsubishi rear projection TV - it stopped

I have a 60 inch Mitsubishi rear projection TV - it stopped dead in the middle of a Wii dance party, and that was it. I don't know the age of the set, but I wonder if it is worth paying $100 for a service call before I even find out what the problem is.
Hello, sorry to hear you are having this problem. I can assist you.

To start we need to know the full model number of the Tv...

Please reply to get started. Additional details may be required. My replies may take several minutes so please be patient.

ps. I am here to help you. Use the REPLY button when you don't understand what to do.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The model number is XXXXX 60609

That size Tv will require in-home service which will cost about $375 - $450 total (diagnosis, parts, & labor). If any special parts need to be replaced then you might also be waiting an extra week or two to receive them. Any repair will come with a short warranty only on what they fixed. A Tv of that age is coming up on it's last leg, it will have another failure probably sooner rather than later.

Is it worth it? If I were you, I would put that time and money into a new Tv and extended warranty plan. It will have much better picture, more features/inputs, and take up way less space in the room. But if you do want to find a local repair shop near you just enter your info here:
Find you local repair shops

Sorry there is no easy fix, at least you are now informed of your choices. Please remember I am here to provide you with excellent service so if you need more help then REPLY here, otherwise please take a moment to leave a positive rating. Again, if you want more information then use the REPLY button (note that a negative rating does not issue a refund).

Thank you,