Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert in the main
18621325

I have a PV-M 1338 tv/vcr combo. All of a sudden the volume

I have a PV-M 1338 tv/vcr combo. All of a sudden the volume stopped. The picture is perfect, just no sound. I've checked the volume on remote and cable remote, to no success. Could you walk me through suggestions, please? I miss my tv!
Category: TV
Expert:  Steve G. replied 11 months ago.
Hello there and welcome to Just Answer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be assisting you today. I am an engineer with over 30 years of electrical and electronic training, repair and installation experience. I will try and answer your question accurately and precisely so that we can get you on your way.

It appears that you have a cable box. What kind of cable(s) run between the box and TV?

The usual choices are:
Three RCA cables - red, white and yellow
Five RCA cables - two reds, green, blue and white
HDMI cable - single cable with a computer connector that looks a bit like a USB connector
Coax - ordinary TV cable.

Let me know.

Steve
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Steve, The problem is my tv is in another room from my computer. Could you please call me on the phone so I could work on it there? My phone number is XXXXX

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

did you get my last message?

I am not permitted to provide phone support. I am sorry.

Steve
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

no colored cables at all. cable in, cable out, power cord. It's not connected to my computer. I'm sorry I'm not mechanically inclined at all.

So a regular coaxial TV cable from the box to the TV.

Go ahead and unplug the TV and the cable box for two minutes. Then plug the box in first, then the TV.

Once everything is up and running, ell me if you have sound.

I'll be here.

Steve
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

sorry took so long, had work related call. I did as you recommended, still no sound.

Do you have anything else connected to this TV like a DVD player, or a VCR maybe? If so, do you have sound when using those devices?

Please let me know so that we can continue.

Regards
Steve
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Yes, it's a tv/vcr combo, and I do have volume on the vcr usage.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Relist: Other.
if he's possibly off line, what other options do I have? there's no time given that he'll respond. I'm not unhappy with his responses, it just takes so long and now there's no response other than he may be offline.
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 11 months ago.
Hello my name is Anthony
Welcome
Thanks for the Question

I may be a few minutes between each request for info thanks for your patience!

If you have volume on the dvd then it is likely to be a cable box issue have you checked the lead from the box to the TV is fully home and good?is it a hdmi lead?if so please consider changing the lead if after that you still have no sound you may need to connect something like an external dvd player to that same input just to confirm the cable box is bad, right now the cable box is favorite for being bad.

Let me know if you need more info

Anthony
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience: 20+ years experience TV expert in the main
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

I'm sorry, you guys are not paying close enough attention to my responses. I started out making it clear it was a tv/vcr combo. I had to tell steve that again, and now you're calling it a dvd. I'm sorry, I want to discontinue this whole process and not be charged. if I am, it will be contested. I had no idea it would take so long. I also wanted to talk to someone as my tv/vcr is in another room from my computer. Thank you for your help. Please don't charge me.