Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

Hi I have a sharp aquos model lc-52d65u it has the green blinking

Hi I have a sharp aquos model lc-52d65u it has the green blinking light it powers on for about 2 seconds an goes to black screen also has no sound I just recently replaced the power supply board but did not help. Can you please help I read that I could be the main board.
Hello and thank you for the question.

When the screen goes black, if you shine a flashlight at the screen and look very very closely, can you see a dimly lit image of the program behind the screen?

Also, when it goes black, if you press MENU, will the MENU show on the screen?

Also, please explain exactly when the power light blinks.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

ok when I plug the tv in it starts blinking the green light then I hold the power butting till the light turns red then I power it up the light gets yellow then green it turns on for a second an turns of no dim light or menu

Thanks Eddie.

Now, in your reply you said "no dim light or menu".

I had asked, "When the screen goes black, if you shine a flashlight at the screen and look very very closely, can you see a dimly lit image of the program behind the screen?"

Have you tried the flashlight test?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes I just tried it no dim light

Thanks for the reply.

So when you first power on the TV, you see an image on the screen?

Then what happens, does the screen go black, or does the TV actually power itself off?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

the tv goes black but the green light stays blinking

So, you said the green light blinked for a bit, then stopped when you got the image.

Then you lose the image and the green light STARTS blinking again?

Also is the green light blinking continuously, or in a pattern?

If a pattern, what is the specific pattern?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

a blink every second an continues like that

Darken the lights in the room, and please tell me if the screen is completely pitch black.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes I turned the light off an the set is completely pitch black

Either your Backlight Inverter boards are shorted and causing the power supply to shut down, or your mainboard is causing it to shut down.

Too determine which is causing the problem, disconnect the Inverter Boards and then see if the sound stays running, and if the power light continues to remain steady lit green.

If so, then you have a faulty Backlight Inverter and would need to replace it.

If the symptoms are EXACTLY the same as they were previously, then you have a faulty Mainboard.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

there is no sound on the set

Okay, then we need to back up. When you say "it powers on for 2 seconds", what EXACTLY does it do?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

When it powers up the tv come on for a second like chanenl 67 with no sound then it goes black with no image an the blinking green light till i hold the power button an turn off the set

Thank you. Please try the test an unplug the inverter as stated above, then get back to me and let me know what happens.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes I tried it last night I unpluged the inverter an

I still get the blinking green light so it must be the main board

Thanks for the reply.

That is what I would do too is replace the Mainboard.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I replaced the main board an still nothing

So you're still getting the channel number on the screen but no image even with the new mainboard?

How about if you connect another device such as a DVD player?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Ok I will try that

Okay sounds good, let me know what happens.