Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I would like to take my remote control and use it to change

I would like to take my remote control and use it to change chanells in my cable box with out being directly in front of it. maybe like an angle. Is there anything made [gaget of some type] that would let me do this? Could I do this with a mirrow?
Hello and thank you for the question.

While a mirror would absolutely work, another option is something called an IR blaster, which actually has a seperate IR sender that you'd mount on the cable box, and then has a receiver that you can mount, or point absolutely anywhere you want, and then point the remote at the receiver, or "blaster", and control the box.

If you need a link to such a device, let me know and I will provide a link.
Thanks for the reply.

Unfortunately I am unable to post an active link, but if you can copy and paste the address below into your browser, it will take you to a device that will setup the way I described:

http://www.bafxpro.com/ir-repeater-remote-control-extender-kit-operate-1-to-8-devices-or-more/?gclid=CLjnn4DntbkCFY2Z4AodFDcARQ

If you need further assistance let me know.

Also, please do not forget to rate my service before you log off.