Tim Nolan
Tim Nolan, TV Repair Technician
Experience:  Factory trained TV repair technician. U.S. NAVY trained.

My Samsung Model PN508450 suddenly cut off and will not come

My Samsung Model PN508450 suddenly cut off and will not come back on. The red power indicator light in on in the bottom right hand corner. When I press the on button, the red light goes off I hear a click and after 3 seconds the tv cuts back off and the red light comes back on. Please help.
Hi! My name isXXXXX am happy to help you with this! Please bear with me and be patient as sometimes these issues take a little bit of figuring out before we know what's wrong. If you could give me some more information it will be very helpful:

-Any problems before this? (taking longer to come on, shutting off randomly, picture issues, etc.)
-How old is the unit?
-When you plug it in or turn it on now, does it do anything at all? (light blink, click noise, etc.)

Please give me this information and I will be happy to assist you further.
Thank you,
Tim Nolan
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks - here are the answers.

No problems until this happened for the first time this morning.

The unit is about 4 years old.

When the unit is plugged back in, I do not hear any clicking noise but the red light comes back on in the bottom right hand corner.

Appreciate your help

can you double check that model number please. Is that 8 a B?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Sorry - small letters and low light. Model number is XXXXX

OK Kevin, we run into this problem with that model quite often, unfortunately there are a few boards inside that can fail and cause it to do this.

The first is the power supply, and the second the main board. Also either sustain or scan driver board can cause this problem.

To know exactly what board is the cause, we need to do some troubleshooting... If you have/know how to use a meter, let me know and I will assist you in the troubleshooting of this tv.

Unfortunately, otherwise you will need a repairman at this point. You can expect a bill of anywhere between $150-300 on average for this unit.

I am sorry I don't have a quick fix or easy answer for you on this one, please let me know if you have the skills and tools and I will be happy to assist you. Also please let me know if there is anything else I can do for you.

If you would like any additional information or have more questions please don't hesitate to ask!

Please let me know if you have any other questions or need any other information at all, if you do please use the reply to expert tab. If this was all the info you needed then please remember to rate me before leaving. Please do not hesitate to ask anything, happy to help in any way I can!