Tim Nolan
Tim Nolan, TV Repair Technician
Experience:  Factory trained TV repair technician. U.S. NAVY trained.

My tv will not turn on. It repeatedly shuts down its own breaker.

My tv will not turn on. It repeatedly shuts down it's own breaker. This may go on for a day or more having to unplug and retry until it will finally come on.
Hi! My name isXXXXX am happy to help you with this! Please bear with me and be patient as sometimes these issues take a little bit of figuring out before we know what's wrong. If you could give me some more information it will be very helpful:

-What is the model number for the television? (this can be found on the back of the unit)
-How old is the unit?

Please give me this information and I will be happy to assist you further.
Thank you,
Tim Nolan
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

ledtv3226 32inch tft led tv approx 2 years old

Ok, once the tv is on, it stays on and plays perfectly? Doesn't shut off, picture is perfect, etc?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes. I will leave it on for days so I won't have to try to turn it on. sometimes it will turn itself off after being on that long.

There are a couple of things that could cause this, unfortunately there is no reset for this television other than unplugging it. It will have an internal failure at this point. I will try to explain the possibilities the best I can.

First you could have a failure in the power supply, we have seen some capacitors fail in your model and cause funky problems like this. If this is the case you could be looking at somewhere around $100-$150 to fix the set. IF the power supply had to be replaced you could be looking at $150-200

Next could be the main board, this would not be good news because you could be looking at $150-$250 for the repair (I know this is up there in the price range and most likely getting over the cost of a new set)

Either of these could cause your problem, but it will require troubleshooting to determine the exact cause of your problem. If you have experience, and test equipment and would like to attempt some troubleshooting I will be happy to assist you, however if you do not have equipment or experience then you would need a repairman at this time to get an exact diagnosis. I am sorry that I don't have a quick fix or easy answer for you on this one, it is definitely an internal failure.

Please let me know if you have any other questions or need any other information at all, if you do please use the reply to expert tab. If this was all the info you needed then please remember to rate me before leaving. Please do not hesitate to ask anything, happy to help in any way I can!