Jack, Technician
Experience:  40 years experience as audio,video repair and installation tech

i cannot get the cc off my tv.

i cannot get the cc off my tv.

Hello , my name is Jack
Perhaps I can help you with this problem but first i would have a few questions;

Is this tv connected to a cable box/converter,satellite receiver,digital converter etc ?

Or directly to cable/antenna ?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

cable. comcast

O.k then that would be with a cable/converter box ?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

O.k , in that case that box would be the one that controls the CC (closed caption)

Depending on the cable box model you have , some of them have the CC function directly in the settings menu while other in what is called the "user settings" menu which is a different menu and different way to access it.

Did the captions just appeared all of sudden or you turned them on and cannot turn them off ?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i think i accidently pushed something. now i cant get it off.

O.k then try this ;

Turn off the cable box and press the menu button on the cable box remote, this should open a different menu with various items including "closed caption" , scroll down to it and set it to "disabled" or OFF then power on the cable box again.

Let me know how it goes.

Hope this help and please take the time to rate my answer if that does the trick , otherwise do not rate at all , just let me know and we`ll see what can be done.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

ok! I got it. thanx!

No problem, much welcome and you can reach me here at any time after this chat is closed if you have questions
Thank you and please take the time to rate my answer positively as it is the only way i get credited for my time helping you.