Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company

I have a Sony BDP 390 with a Vizio HD TV. They have been working

I have a Sony BDP 390 with a Vizio HD TV. They have been working fine together since January. Now I get "NOT SUPPORT" and "NO SIGNAL" messages. The player is sending something to the TV, as I can watch it change if I hit "PLAY" This started last night
Hello and thank you for the question.

Do you have any other devices connected to the TV with an HDMI cable, and if so are they working as they should on the TV?

Additionally, have you tried another HDMI cable- as this problem can often be caused by a cable simply failing?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes, I have my DVR attached to the other HDMI slot and is working just fine. I have switched the BDP between the slots on the TV as well as swapping the cables themselves. I am currently using the cable that was connecting the player to the TV to connectc the DVR to the TV.

If I press "PLAY" or "HOME" on the player, the TV shows the HDMI slot it's on and the screen goes blank for a second, then I get "NO SIGNAL" again.

Thanks for the reply.

This is either the Player's HDMI slot that's faulty, or the unit needs to be reset.

Please disconnect the player from power, and shut the TV off.

Disconnect the HDMI cable from the player and the TV, then press and hold the power button on the player itself (not the remote), for 20 seconds. Then release, plug the HDMI cable back in and turn the player on.

After a minute, turn the TV on and select the appropriate HDMI Input.

Let me know what happens.

If it does not work then please tell me how long you've owned the player for.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I followed the steps and it goes through a "Retrieving Data" step, then "Not Support"

I bought it on January 27th, 2013. It is still under warranty.

I'm sorry to tell you this but the player is faulty. You've tried different HDMI ports, and different cables, and there are simply no adjustments or settings that will cause the Not Supported message to come up on the TV. This is a hardware failure within the player and it will require the unit be serviced under warranty to correct it.

You will need to click on the link below and initiate a warranty repair: