Anthony F.
Anthony F., Owner of TV Service Center
Experience:  20+ yrs. of experience in TV repair, TV production and engineering as owner of TV service center.
34633555

ihave a hd52g886 JVC rear projection and my color is messed

ihave a hd52g886 JVC rear projection and my color is messed up . the lights in the color menu are blinking red green , but the blue is not lit . question is this what part and /or part # XXXXX I look for
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony F. replied 1 year ago.

Anthony F. :

Hello. Please BE aware This is tech information service. you are paying for the benefit of my real world experience and can save you time and money

Anthony F. :

check your hookup a missing comp cable of BLUE will cause this

Anthony F. :

are you using component video?

Anthony F. :

this is your number 1 suspect

Anthony F. :

check the back of the cable box too

Anthony F. :

they fall off or get loose and you will only loose BLUE

Anthony F. :

hello?

Customer:

i am in the process of looking over the wiring in the back of the tv

Customer:

checked cables .., all tight , even switched to HDMI still got only red and green

Expert:  Anthony F. replied 1 year ago.
Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.
Expert:  Anthony F. replied 1 year ago.
please respond if you need assistance
Thanks
Expert:  Anthony F. replied 1 year ago.
push and twist all of them to make sure they are in all the way
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

hit and miss on connecting w/u online since i took all cables off and switched to hdmi and i still only got green and red does this mean it is in a circuit board or what please help if u can what other fix is there besides the cables

Expert:  Anthony F. replied 1 year ago.
does the internal menu look normal?
or do the colors look different?
lack of blue should make white letters look yellow
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

sorry it takes so long but i have been at work till now . the colors are loke this; on the left side green in the middle red o the very edge of the rigt sid the color inormal . about a 4 in. strip from bottom to top. the menue on my direct tv guide is all green with a small blue spot 8 in. diameter 3/4 the way from bottom on right side. can you tell a part or circuit that controls the color on this model?

Expert:  Anthony F. replied 1 year ago.
ok that nails it!!!
you have a bad polorizer its been damaged by heat in the engine
youll need to replace the light egine to fix this issue
This part does not apear to be available any more
check ebay
Good Luck
or time for a new tv
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

do u know the part #

Expert:  Anthony F. replied 1 year ago.
JVC TS-COP7A-SAA Optical Unit (Auth.req)
JVC
Part NumberTS-COP7A-SAA
DescriptionOptical Unit (Auth.req)
Substitute PartTS-COP7A-SAA-R
Estimated Weight20.000 lb(s).
Alias part numbersTSCOP7ASAA
Box DimensionsUnknown
Total Availability0
Estimated Ship Dateuse substitute part
On Vendor Purchase OrderNo
Core Price550.00
Part Price1,700.00
Total Price2,250.00
use substitute part TS-COP7A-SAA-R
Anthony F., Owner of TV Service Center
Experience: 20+ yrs. of experience in TV repair, TV production and engineering as owner of TV service center.