Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech

my Panasonic 60" gt50 has a red blinking light that blinks

my Panasonic 60" gt50 has a red blinking light that blinks 3 times -off the 3 more times continusly. thunder storm came over and created this problem - David
Hello, my name isXXXXX be happy to assist you,
I'm sorry you are having this trouble in TV.

Please allow me to ask you a few questions about your TV so that we can troubleshoot the issue.

- Can you please get the model number on back of TV?
- How old is the TV?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

TC-P60GT50 2 years old

Thanks David for the reply.

3 times blinking red light error code tells TV got problem with 3.3V supply and there are two circuit boards in TV that can cause this problem, either power supply board or main (A) board where all inputs are located.
I'm sorry for no good news, it seems A board is defective and causing this problem because of thunder storm and we need to replace it in TV, required A board would be available in approx $150 or so and local TV tech may charge $100 to $150 as labor if you are not working on it yourself.
Please check following link for list of TV repair shops in area that would help to get repair quote on this problem.

I'm sorry there is no easy or quick fix on this problem and it is definitely hardware failure in TV and bad board replacement would resolve the issue.

I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated!