Tim Nolan
Tim Nolan, TV Repair Technician
Experience:  Factory trained TV repair technician. U.S. NAVY trained.
12486280

I would like to buy a new 47 inch LED TV. The stand that I

I would like to buy a new 47 inch LED TV. The stand that I am going to set it on is 110 cm wide and the TV is 108 cm wide. The problem is that I have tall pieces of wooden furniture on both sides of the TV stand. So there will only be 1 cm of clearance on each side. The top is completely open as it's not an entertainment center and the back will be about 8 inches from the wall. Is this set up ok, or would I need more space on the sides of the TV?
Hi!

The heat from these units is dissipated mostly front actually and then some from the top back of the tv, not the sides. So as long as the top is clear and there is room for the heat to escape out the top you will be perfectly fine.

Please let me know if you have any other questions or need any other information at all, if you do please use the reply to expert tab. If this was all the info you needed then please remember to rate me before leaving. Please do not hesitate to ask anything, happy to help in any way I can!

Thanks,
Tim