Steven, Technician
Experience:  Ma. Master Technician Lic. Authorized Warranty Support.
59014109

i have have the model e601-a3,i have a thin vertical blue line

i have have the model e601-a3,i have a thin vertical blue line on the left of the screan from top to bottom

Steven :

Hi, my name is XXXXX XXXXX will be happy to help you with this issue. A thin line on the screen is never a good sing as these are usually caused by a faulty screen. Could you tell me a little bit about the line, does it look as though you could have drawn it down the screen with a ruler and very thin marker? does it move or is it stationary?

Customer:

stationary very thin

Steven :

I figured that would be the case, unfortunately this is problem with the LCD Panel (screen ) the problem is it is never cost effective to replace a screen as the cost will exceed the value of the TV. If the TV is less then a year old then the manufacturer may replace or repair it at no charge. If it is older then a year old but that too old you may be able to get some assistance. You would have to contact Vizio directly to see if they can provide any warranty assistance. Would you like there there contact information? I am very sorry the news is bad but i hope you can get some assistance with the repair from Vizio.

Customer:

please

Steven :

How old is the TV?

Customer:

bought it refurbished 6 months ago with a 90 day warranty

Steven :

Ouch, Unfortunately I can't tell you what you want to here, only the facts, in this case the fact is that this issue is a bad screen, it is called a stress crack and is very common, the repair is to replace the LCD panel and that is not cost effective. There is no other way to fix it. You could certainly try to contact Vizio and see if they will provide assistance.

Customer:

ok thanks

Steven :

There phone number is (NNN) NNN-NNNN

Customer:

thanks

Thank you so much for the rating, you can always post back to this question with follow up questions at no extra charge.