Steven, Technician
Experience:  Ma. Master Technician Lic. Authorized Warranty Support.

I have a 46" Samsung Smart tv model 5500, I bought it a month

I have a 46" Samsung Smart tv model 5500, I bought it a month ago and after a few weeks it started shutting down and restarting itself over and over again, is this a problem with the tv or cable Comcast.

Steven :

HI, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be happy to try and help you with this today, just a few questions so I can try and determine where the problem may be.

Steven :

When the TV shuts down do you loose the sound as well as the picture? Also does the screen go completely black or is there a slight glo to it?

Customer: Yes I loose sound as well as picture and the screen goes black.
Steven :

Thank you for that information. How about the stand by light, does that go out as if you shut the TV down via the remote or power button.

Customer: It goes out but starts blinking constantly.
Steven :

Ok, thank you, XXXXX XXXXX power cord connected directly to a wall outlet or is connected to the back of the cable box?

Customer: Cable box
Steven :

Unfortunately I think the TV has a problem, it certainly should not act that way. The good part is at least it is still under the Samsung warranty and can be repaired at no charge. I would do this. Connect the AC power cord directly to a wall outlet to eliminate the possibility of the cable box AC outlet having a issue. if the problem is still there then you are going to have to contact Samsung customer service to set up a service call so it can be repaired at no charge. There number is (1800 samsung ).

Customer: thank you for your help I will do as you say.
Thank you so much for the rating, you can always post back to this question with follow up questions at no extra charge. Please keep me posted.