Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert in the main

Hi, i have a mitsubishi 1080. It has 7 capacitors that i

Customer Question

Hi, i have a mitsubishi 1080. It has 7 capacitors that i have replaced because of green blink of death. I have had to repair this tv several times with same problem. This time the tv will not work. The solder joints are good. When i plug in tv it blinks for a minute ot two and then nothing. Is there anything else i could try. Thanks.
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 10 months ago.
Hello my name is Anthony
Welcome
Thanks for the Question

I may be a few minutes between each request for info thanks for your patience!

I will need the model number please found on the back of the set?

Anthony
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Ws-b55
Hi

Could you please recheck that model nothings coming up for that

Anthony
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Mitsubishi 1080 model WS-B55
Hi

OK when the set shuts down to no blinking light hold down on the set itself the MENU and DEVICE or INPUT buttons for more than 6 seconds the light in the front will blink a two piece code like 2 blinks followed by 3 blinks as an example let me know this code please

Anthony
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
It does not do anything during or after the time i press on menu anddevice buttons
Hi

You need to wait till the light stops blinking (the fault)then press both buttons simultaneous and hold them down for 6 seconds or more the light in the front of the set WILL blink a two piece code

Let me know please

Anthony
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
It does not blink anything. I hold it down longer than 6 seconds. I will try again. Perhaps this may help you. Blinking green light only comes on when tv is plugged in.
Hi

OK is the green light blinking fast or slow please?

Anthony
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
It blinks fast. It also blinks after i press reset
Hi

When did you carry out the work on the DM module (7 capacitors)and what type of capacitors did you use or where did you get them from please?

Anthony
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
We have replaced then two other times. This time we had a surge protector /battery backup when we lost power. Both times previously the fix worked. This time it did not. Replacement capacitors are 1000 uf 16 v 105°c not sure of source
Hi

OK you fitted the right types however at this point its looking like the DM module is not booting up so initially that will involve you having an examination of the module if they look OK then its likely to be a bad DM and they are not available anymore i'm afraid.

Initially though carry out a visual on the DM module the one you fitted the capacitors in.

Let me know how this check goes

Anthony
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience: 20+ years experience TV expert in the main
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I will have to wait to do the visual, although i just had the board out and it looked good....checked for burned marks etc.