Anthony F.
Anthony F., Owner of TV Service Center
Experience:  20+ yrs. of experience in TV repair, TV production and engineering as owner of TV service center.
34633555

I have a hitachi 50 inch plasma that did not turn on.I opened

I have a hitachi 50 inch plasma that did not turn on.I opened the back and saw 2 swollen caps on the power board.I replaced the 3300 uf caps and tryed it.Still did not turn on.After checking the boards disconnected the 2 buffer boards and it turned it on and the tv stayed on with only sound.Does this mean that the 2 buffer boards, lower and upper are faulty causing the power board to switch off to save itself?

Anthony F. :

Hello. Please BE aware This is tech information service. you are paying for the benefit of my real world experience and can save you time and money

Anthony F. :

yes replace the board that does not allow the tv stay on

Anthony F. :

its bad

Anthony F. :

try them one at a time

Customer:

Sorry to be a pain but I was hoping for a little bit more information,on how to test the buffer boards eg which pins from 1 to 50 do i test for a short?The reason I wasnt on line when you submited your answer was' just answer' took to long to process payment and paypal cut me off. I will change the rating so you get credited but if you could help me that would be great.I have already ordered both upper and lower boards from china.Hopefully I hear from you soon.

Anthony F. :

there is no test repacement is the test

Anthony F. :

chances are only one is bad but if you ordered both then replace them then we will go from there

Customer:

Hi Anthony. Sorry I haven't got back to you sooner but I was just waiting for my buffer boards to come from china.I have given you an excellent rating so you can get paid, but I found on you tube there is a test for the buffer modules.After testing the buffer boards both are faulty.The reason I haven't replied earlier is that I was waiting for the buffer boards.