Tim Nolan
Tim Nolan, TV Repair Technician
Experience:  Factory trained TV repair technician. U.S. NAVY trained.
12486280

Model TC-P50VT25; Serial # XXXXX Have HDMI + power from

Model TC-P50VT25; Serial # XXXXX
Have HDMI + power from xfinity box. Everything works for 17-19 seconds, then the TV makes the sound like the TV is being turned off and the TV turns off. I have rebuted canble, no issues there.
Category: TV
Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 1 year ago.
Hi! My name isXXXXX am happy to help you with this! Please bear with me and be patient as sometimes these issues take a little bit of figuring out before we know what's wrong. If you could give me some more information it will be very helpful:

-When the tv goes off, does the light on the front blink?
-How old is the unit?

Please give me this information and I will be happy to assist you further.
Thank you,
Tim Nolan
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yes, light blinks.

two 1/2 years

Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 1 year ago.
Ok, what is the code it blinks? (example 6 blinks pause 6 blinks pause repeat)

Thanks!
Tim
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

eleven blinks pause

Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 1 year ago.
That is what I expected Sean....the 11 blinks is a fan error, this means one of the fans in the tv is not spinning fast enough or not spinning at all.

Most likely (about 99% chance) you need to replace a fan here. The easiest way to check this is to take the back off the tv, turn it on and watch to see if one of them is not spinning, if one is not then it needs to be replaced.

On the off chance that they all are spinning then a meter would be needed to determine if one is going bad or if the fan control board is failing...but this is very, very unlikely.

If this is something you want to do yourself and feel comfortable taking the back off the tv then I am happy to help you with anything you need. First step would be to take the back off and identify which fan is not spinning...second would be to give me the part number off the fan and I can find you a place to order it.

If you have a tech repair this for you, normally it runs $100-225 depending on your area.

Please let me know if you have any other questions or need any other information at all, if you do please use the reply to expert tab. If this was all the info you needed then please remember to rate me before leaving. Please do not hesitate to ask anything, happy to help in any way I can!

Thanks,
Tim
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

ill see about pulling the back off. Could i put a fan blowing on the back to help cool, or does it shut off because one of the fans is not working? Is this a part i can get today? My area code is 30041. College football my man!

Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 1 year ago.
No unfortunately that will not work...all fans are monitored for speed, if not spinning it will shut down. Its not temperature monitored.

Unfortunately I do not think so, only tv shops would have it but it would be pretty unlikely that someone would stock this. You most likely will need to order online.

One thing you MIGHT try is to take the back off and see if you can kick the fan with your finger, sometimes they have a hard time starting up and if you get it going it will keep spinning until you turn the tv off...so at least that way you can get it working for today.

Tim

Tim Nolan, TV Repair Technician
Experience: Factory trained TV repair technician. U.S. NAVY trained.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

do you have the part number for the fan? I took a long toothpick and kicked the fan that was not turning backward, now it works (for now),

thank you,

.....Sean

Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 1 year ago.
Which one was not spinning?

Tim