Nathan, Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.
59725966

I Have a Sony TV and am needing to get hooked to internet.

Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

p0llinate :

Hello, and welcome. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I’ll be assisting you today.

First a brief overview of the process: This is a live chat format, so I’ll need to communicate back and forth with you. You’ve already paid a deposit or membership to post your question here. I am an independent tech, and am volunteering my time unpaid until our chat is concluded. At that time I’ll request you click the EXCELLENT smiley face to close out our chat. It is my intention to solve your problem with a quick, honest, and helpful answer and my goal is for a rating of Excellent Service. You may receive an email survey after our chat, if you don’t feel I’ve earned a “10” rating in all areas, please let me know what I can do to meet your expectations.

Should you feel the need to provide a negative rating of Bad or Poor Service, please wait and let me know what I can do to clarify or more thoroughly answer your question instead. You are rating me personally, not this site or your product and negative rating will not initiate a refund. Please know that not all issues can be fixed online; in those cases of a hardware failure, I’ll troubleshoot and diagnose the problem, and provide a practical recommendation for how to proceed.

My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Let’s get started!

_________________________

p0llinate :

Hi there, sorry to hear you're having trouble with the sony,

p0llinate :

can you tell me the full model number of the tv please?

p0llinate :

Can you also tell me if you're able to access any other apps (pandora, youtube, etc)?

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Hi Sylvia,
I see you've rated me with "bad service".

I cannot provide an immediate answer, without some feedback from you. This is a 2 way process, so please at least provide the model number of your set and allow me a fair opportunity to address the issue for you, before issuing a negative rating, which is only held against me personally.

Can you tell me the full model number of the tv please?
Can you also tell me if you're able to access any other apps (pandora, youtube, etc)? Have you gone through any initial setup steps of connecting to your home wifi (scanning for network, entering password, etc?)

Thanks,
Nathan.
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Hi Sylvia,

I received your other note. Please stick with me here in this question/answer thread. I've closed out your follow up question, please do not post new ones, as you're charged each time you do.

You mentioned model 22EUE251447, however I can find no references to this model, could you double check it for me please, that may be a serial number. It's usually indicated on a sticker on the back of the tv, near the power cord.

You may reach me whenever it is convenient for you to do so, I'll be online all day, by using the orange Reply button.

Thanks,
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Sylvia, I need for you to respond to me here on this page to correspond with me.

Please stop posting new questions, you're charged each time you do, and I'm having to spend my time closing them out and having them refunded for you, instead of responding with an answer to your question.

The model number you sent is invalid, could you please double check it again?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I am so sorry. I sent you the serial number

Sony Internet.

NSX-24GT1/NSX-32GT1/NSX-40GT/NSX-46GT1

I AM NOT CONNECTED TO YOUTUBE AT THIS TIME. I'M CONCERNED THAT I AM BEING CHARGED BECAUSE OF DIFFERENCT SCREENS COMING UP.

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for the info Sylvia,

just a moment while I look into this for you, and I'll respond back with more info shortly, just letting you know I've received your message.

I've followed up on all of your duplicate questions and closed them out already, so you won't be charged extra as long as you don't open up any new questions. Just respond to me here only, and you'll be fine.
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Sylvia, your tv model has built in wifi. You likely need to set up that wifi connection before you can proceed with actually using services like netflix.

What you need to do is press the HOME button on the sony remote, then down to APPLICATIONS, right arrow to get into apps list, then down to SETTINGS, then press enter. There you'll go over to NETWORK. You will hopefully see your home wifi network name come up in the wifi network list, then you can enter your password XXXXX connect it.

Once connected to wifi, you can then go into netflix, or other apps. Note that the first time you use netflix, you may be prompted to go into your computer to netflix.com/register, and to enter a code presented on the tv to link the tv with your existing netflix account (or set up an account, if you don't have one already)

Let me know if you get stuck along the way.
Nathan, Installer
Experience: Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I apologize for the problems I caused. The negative response I sent was not knowing how to use the system. I did go through the information that you sent me. I also called AT&T in getting information I needed. I am still working on it.

You have provided me with excellent service.

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Hi Sylvia, no worries at all, I understand this site can be confusing at first. Your later positive rating cleared out the initial one. If you should receive an email survey regarding this service, I would ask that you would rate it favorably as well, as that is also a reflection on me, not necessarily this site.

Let me know if I can be of any further help after you get the information you need from ATT.

Best of luck,