Tim Nolan
Tim Nolan, TV Repair Technician
Experience:  Factory trained TV repair technician. U.S. NAVY trained.
12486280

I have a Sony 32" tv Model #KDL-32EX500 serial #1708779 and

I have a Sony 32" tv Model #KDL-32EX500 serial #1708779 and Remote RM-YD034.
we have been using the remote belonging to the internet provider for the past few years. Now this television is only hooked up to cable. I can turn the tv on with the remote and can only change the stations by manually putting the channel number myself. It will not give me any cable stations and will not change the channels when pressing the + or - channel button.
Hi, my name isXXXXX am happy to help you with this.

It sounds like you need to do the auto channel programming here. Without programming in all the channels the up and down buttons will not work.

Using the Sony remote, push the MENU button, then go to setup, then choose auto channel programming.

Please let me know if this works or not, if not we will keep working to resolve the issue. If you have any problems getting to the auto programming, let me know that too please.

Please let me know if you have any other questions or need any other information at all, if you do please use the reply to expert tab. If this was all the info you needed then please remember to rate me before leaving. Please do not hesitate to ask anything, happy to help in any way I can!

Thanks,
Tim
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

it did change the channels properly BUT only up to channel #17..it should go thru to channel 55 which is the cable cahnnels

OK that should be an easy fix Ellen, in that same menu there should be a setting that give you the option between antenna or cable (air/cable). This is set to antenna which is causing your problem, you need to change that to cable and then re-scan, this should fix it.

Let me know what happens.

Thanks,
TIm